Liveaboard Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef’s Ribbon Reefs and Coral Sea then dive with the sharks at Osprey Reef 200 km offshore in the Coral Sea with liveaboard dive boat, Spirit of Freedom.
This sleek and spacious vessel offers quality liveaboard tours to Advanced certified scuba divers.
Over your 4 day, 4 night adventure you will have the opportunity to complete up to 15 scuba dives with your trip beginning with a one hour scenic flight from Cairns mainland out to the beautiful Lizard Island – located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef’s Coral Sea.
Tours depart Thursdays at 7.30am and returns to Cairns the following Monday at 6.30am.
All diving activities are overseen by the Trip Director who will be the one to brief you on each dive and ensure your diving experience is both safe and enjoyable.
Pay on board $20.00 Reef Levies.
Your Diving Adventure Includes
- 4day/4 nights Liveaboard Accommodation
- Air conditioned ensuite cabin with daily service including towels
- The opportunity for up to 15 scuba dives
- A low level reef flight from Cairns to Lizard Island
- Bus transfers to and from Cairns City accommodation
- Wonderful chef prepared meals – Australian Style
- Australian wine and soft drinks with evening meals
Thursday: Pickup from your Cairns City Accommodation at approximately 7.30am. transferring to Cairns General Aviation Airport for your scenic flight up the coast to Lizard Island. After Boarding and orientation of the vessel it is time to depart for Ribbon Reef No.10. In the afternoon you will have the opportunity for 2 dives at a choice of sites including Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Gardens, Pixie Pinnacle and Challenger Bay.
Friday & Saturday: These two days are spent diving Osprey Reef (weather permitting) with amazing landscapes of sheer walls laced with gorgonians, sea whips and bright yellow soft corals rising from the oceans floor thousands of feet below. The dive site “North Horn, is at the tip of Osprey where you will find the beautiful and interesting Grey Reef Sharks and the Silvertip Shark . 4 to 5 dives are available each day including a night dive on the Friday.
Sunday: Ribbon Reefs No. 3 you will be diving at sensational Steve’s Bommie, Temple of Doom and Flare Point. If there is exceptionally good weather conditions there is a possibility for head south to the choice dive site “Bougainville Reef” with its abundant marine life and spectacular coral overhands, tunnels and sheer drops and partially submerged shipwreck. During the evening you will cruise overnight back to Cairns.
Monday: Arriving back in Cairns at approximately 6.30am. Enjoy a light breakfast onboard and a group photo opportunity before being dropped back to your Cairns Accommodation around 8.00am.This Itinerary is a sample only and sites may vary or change due to weather conditions.
- Advance Type Diving Diver experience recommendation:
- Advanced Diver Certification with a minimum of 20 ocean dives including 5 dives in the last 12 months Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions and remote isolation of dive sites.
- We recommend a Scuba diver Refresher course prior to your trip.
- Diver Health. If you have a medical condition or are currently taking prescription medication, you will need a Dive Medical clearance pursuant to the Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- For further details contact our Reservations team.
What to Bring
- Personal luggage, clothes, toiletries etc
- Maximum 20 kg (45lb)luggage allowance per person including carry-on.
- Excess baggage secure storage available upon request
- Personal Dive Equipment – Also available for hire upon booking if required.
- (Snorkel-only passengers snorkel equipment provided free of charge)
- Certification card or divers logbook
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases $20 AUD Reef Tax & Fuel Levy to pay onboard (mandatory national park fees)
- Full Equipment Hire $160.00
- Regulator and Dive computer $45.00
- Dive computer only $35
- Buoyancy Control Device $45.00
- Torch and Cyalume sticks $10.00
- Wetsuits 3mm and 5mm full Length $30.00
- PADI Advanced Course $265.00
- PADI Nitrox Course $295.00
- 4 Day Nitrox Package $105.00
- Dive deck
- containing individual stations for 26 guests with dry storage above and storage box under for every 2 divers.
- Air and Nitrox whips allowing tanks to remain in their rack, supplying air and Nitrox at 32%
- Camera wash tub, small camera table and air gun for Photographers
- Dive Deck Holds: 2 x Bauer 21 CFM Compressors
- DNA x Nitrox Membrane System
- 65cf & 88 cf Alloy tanks
- Uwatec Aladin Prime dive Computers
- All individual Scuba Great Items
The Upper Deck
a great place to relax between dives, with undercover and open areas containing timber table, chairs, lounge seating and sun lounges
The Dining saloon
Being the centre of the vessel the dining room is also used as a breifing area, theatre room and general meeting place. All guests can be comfortably seated with a 42 inch wide tv screen is often the focus of attention for briefings, movies or documentaries you can work with your laptops using the wireless internet (when in range)
The Forward lounge
Another place to chill, with comfortable couch seating and bean bags. You will find a coffee machine, tea selection and hot water, a library with books and DVD’s
for photographers there is also a camera work station with power boards and converters for 110 volt. flat screen TV and DVD.
The Ships Bar
offering a good range of quality Australian and New Zealand wins, plus beer, UDL spirits and soft drinks all at a very reasonable price. On the scheduled dive trips, the house wine and soft drinks are included during your evening meal.
this Vessel is fully licenced – NO BYO’s
- Daily cabin service (including towels)
- Wide screen TV/DVD
- Comfortable lounge areas and sun-deck
- Air-conditioning throughout
Please read the ‘policies’ of your tour below prior to booking, including terms and conditions